Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dessert Pizza

Okay, so I totally made this recipe up. In my head, I was looking for something like a crostada with a yeast dough base, because I had made pizza dough and I wanted to have a dessert.

Blueberry Pizza

Blueberry Pizza

One 6 ounce ball of pizza dough rolled wafer thin

2 Tablespoons Melted butter


Four ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup blueberries

Pearl Sugar ( you could totally use regular sugar, but I had pearl sugar and it looks pretty)

Brush one side of the whole pizza dough with 1 tablespoon of melted butter

Combine the next three ingredients and whip until fluffy( I did this with a fork). Spread the cream cheese mixture in a circle one inch smaller than the dough.

Put blueberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.

Fold the dough over the blueberry mixture and pinch closed so that it makes a little basket of dough to hold the berries.

Brush the outside of the dough with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle pearl sugar on the edges.

Bake in a 425 degree oven until golden brown and delicious. It took about 25 minutes.

Wait a painful ten minutes for the pizza to set and eat.

1 comment:

KP said...

Looks great! I love crostadas so this is right up my alley!