Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mento Square

I pack yohboh a lunch every day. It is bento-esque but it is not in a cute box. Could you imagine yohboh carting around my Keroppi box? We call them squares because that is what they are. I do not get up early to prepare them, either. They are just our leftovers from last night's dinner. Since it has been so cold, I have been cooking a LOT. And I do not know how to cook for two people. So yesterday, he had nine squares which is an appalling number. Marty, my father in law or my fifty something teenage son, got five of them.

I can cook for a village, I swear.

Here are two examples of yohboh's lunch:

Mento
Roast Chicken, sweet potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli.


Mento
Rigatoni and Broccoli.

On a total tangent, I had a roommate in college who spelled broccoli "broqilli". She would make grocery lists with these odd spelling for foods. Another example was for lettuce it was letus. Just thought of that. Did I mention she has a master's degree in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech?

1 comment:

KP said...

Those are totally bentos:)