Monday, November 2, 2009

Book Club Hostess

So I hosted book club. Normally, my mother does all the cooking but the ladies wondered if I could really cook.

The middle wine:

009

was a huge hit. As was this:

010

Mushroom Rigatoni


Mushroom Rigatoni

1 ounce dried porcini mushroom
1/2 cup hot water

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 shallots, chopped finely
1 tablespoon fresh thyme

8 ounces baby portabellas
2 ounces oyster mushrooms
2 ounces enoki mushrooms

One ounce triple creme cheese (I used St. Andre)
1/2 cup half and half

4 counces parmesan cheese

4 ounces mozzarella cheese

Eight ounces of rigatoni

Cook rigatoni to package directions. Drain.

Take the porcini mushrooms and rehydrate them in hot water for at least five minutes.

Take a large skillet and add the next five ingredients on medium high heat until everything is translucent. Add the mushrooms and cover.

Take the porcinis out of the hot water but save the water. Chop the porcinis and add to skillet. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook until the mushrooms are golden brown. Add the St. Andre and half and half and the hydrating water from the mushrooms. Let it come to a simmer.

Add the rigatoni and toss to coat.

Put in a casserole. Add the parmesan and mozzeralla cheese on top.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Sprinkle with parsley.

2 comments:

Sessoms said...

What's great about your food pictures is that they are REAL. Not the Brie Van der Kamp home-chef.

I hope you view this as a complement and not a slight. If the latter, please delete me...

PS That's right, I did it. I used a Desperate Housewives allusion!

KP said...

That rigatoni looks amazing! I want to go to a party at your house:)