Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

This is a good cookie, but not really my favorite. I made them as a favor to Elrod who told us about a hook up.

001

Peanut Butter Cookies for Elrod

2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter (a mix of creamy and crunchy for that extra texture)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder


Cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Add the vanilla and salt. Mix together the remaining ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.

Put dough in plastic wrap and let chill for a few hours (this is why peanut butter cookies are not a favoriite--I HATE WAIT!)

Preheat the oven to 375. Roll the dough into one inch balls and flatten slightly. Make the criss cross pattern with the fork.

In my oven it took fifteen minutes for each sheet. This made four dozen large cookies.

You could halve the recipe if you only want two dozen (I am a doubler NEVER a halver!).

1 comment:

KP said...

Mmmm, I love Peanut butter cookies, but it's the one cookie that I can't EVER get right. Mine are always too crispy and never soft.