Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A smaller cheesecake

So I make a really fancy cheesecake based on this recipe. It is delicious but requires 5 blocks of cream cheese. Every time I make it, there is over half leftover. It is supposed to be 16 servings.

So this time, I pulled out a recipe from college for cheesecake that I made before I had a spring form pan and a Kitchen Aid:

006

This recipe makes a cheesecake in a graham cracker crumb pie crust. It is delicious and I (hopefully) will not have half of it leftover. Also, this cheesecake I made with a fork and the power of my own arm.

Minjenah's smaller cheesecake

2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese at room temperature
2/3 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 commercial graham cracker pie crust

Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix the first four ingredients until well blended. Pour into piecrust and bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is just set. (I do this by picking up the pie on one side and dropping it a bit. If it barely jiggles in the center then it is done) Let cool in the oven with the door open until room temperature. Chill in the fridge until firm.

1 comment:

KP said...

Mmmm, my favorite! Leftover cheesecake is not REALLY a problem, is it? I wish I had some of your leftovers right now!