Friday, February 19, 2010

Calzones

I never had a calzone until I went to college. There was a restaurant called Pero's that was near the school that delivered. That branch closed and now I make my own. Actually, I made the dough and assembled the ingredients and yohboh made them.

001

It basically is my pizza dough with a ricotta filling. Bake at 550 until they are golden, brown and delicious. Then I brushed them with garlic infused oil and kosher salt right out of the oven.

Calzone on Foodista

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Just like you, I only tried calzone when I was in college and it has become one of my favorite food!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I enjoyed reading your post. If you won't mind, I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add your choice of Foodista widget at the end of this blog post and you're all set. Thanks!

Michelle said...

Yum!! Looks delicious!!