Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Asian Not Meatball Soup

So remember the albondigas soup I made? I really like it and it is tasty. But today, I was thinking about a soup my mother would make with meatballs and noodles. So I improvised with this:

012

The meatballs fell apart hence the name

Asian Not Meatball Soup

For the meatballs:
1/2 bunch of scallions, minced
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced

1 pound of ground beef
1/2 cup of rice
1/2 bunch of scallions, minced
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 eggs

For the broth:
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 32 ounce carton chicken broth
2 Tablespoons chicken base

Take the first four ingredients and saute them in a skillet until it gets to be a gungy mush. Let cool.

Put the next six ingredients in a large bowl. Add the cooled gungy mess. Combine really well. Roll into meatballs and let sit while you make the broth.

Toast the ginger and garlic in a bit of oil. Add the broth and the chicken base. Bring to a boil.

Drop the meatballs into the broth. Let simmer 30 minutes.
I ended up adding an Asian style frozen veggie mix. Because I can never leave well enough alone.

No comments: