Thursday, April 29, 2010

Banana Crunch Muffins

I am a bit of an insomniac. When I cannot sleep, I like to bake. There are many reasons for this:
1) I think the smell of goods baking is soporific.
2) Baking is relaxing.
3) I get to eat the results.

So last night at 1 AM I made these:

002


Banana Crunch Muffins

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

3 mashed bananas
1 stick of melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 T vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup strong coffee

1 cup granola

METHOD:
Preheat the oven at 350.

Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside

In a smaller bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Add the wet stuff to the dry stuff. Stir until it barely comes together. Add 1/2 cup of the granola. Stir until it barely comes together.

Scoop the batter into a paper lined muffin pan.

Sprinkle the remaining granola on top of the muffins.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Made 11 muffins.

No comments: