Monday, June 21, 2010

Buttermilk Biscuits

So today, Yohboh noticed that his half and half had soured. I wanted to throw it away but he wanted biscuits. And since I am all about using things, I complied.

001

Buttermilk Biscuits

2 cups winter wheat flour (White Lily is what I like)
1.5 Tablespoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

4 tablespoons butter, cold, cubed like dice
1 cup buttermilk (I used the soured half and half), cold

Preheat the oven to 450

Sift the first four ingredients together. I did that twice to get a nice fluffy powder. Add the butter and mush it with your fingertips. It should look like stone ground grits. Add the liquid and combine until it just comes together.

Pat it out onto a floured surface to about an inch thick. Cut into 12 pieces. put onto a greased baking sheet. Indent the center slightly of each biscuit with the thumb.

Bake 15-20 minutes.

Yohboh ate six.

Makes about a dozen.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hey Miness Great pix of da food Heres the deal me and the biscuit not gonna happen I know a food addiction set up when i sees it Curses foiled again Watashi wa da B which is me