Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cucumber Sandwiches

I was speaking to my mother in law about my plethora of cucumbers. She mentioned a cucumber sandwich was one of her favorite things to eat.

So she came over and I made some:
003

I really made the recipe up.

Cucumber Sandwiches

4 ounces softened cream cheese
4 ounces softened butter
1 scallion, finely minced


1 garden fresh cucumber, sliced wafer thin
Two slices of white bread
Salt
Pepper

Beat the cream cheese, butter and scallion together until it is light and fluffy. I used a fork to do this, because really am I going to clean out a major appliance for a sandwich?

Put a thin layer of the butter mixture on two slices of bread. Put the cucumber slices on one slice of bread (do I need to mention that the butter mixture should be touching the cukes?). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the other slice of bread on.

Cut into fourths and eat with tea and fancy hats on.

1 comment:

magnolia said...

I got a cucumber from a friend's garden, bought the cream cheese today, but I forgot the green onion! Egads. It'll have to wait another day.