Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beat the heat

I am a cooker of mass quantities. I should be surrounded by teenage boys who play multiple athletics (no-not for that reason) because I would love to feed them.

My refrigerator is considered full by most people's standards when I consider it empty (my definition of empty is when I can see all the way to the back of it).

But there is one advantage to this. I cook mass amounts of food every few days and them just reheat them on the other days so I do not create a hot mess in the house. When it is 95 degrees every day, it helps. So I will make 12 drumsticks, then eat some for dinner, make some for chicken salad, and use the rest for burritos later. It is a beat the heat strategy.

Also, I like to cook mass quanities. It makes me feel like a cafeteria or something.

2 comments:

Mo Betta said...

Woo Hoo! I know where to send Mr. H when he turns into a true bottomless pit. I love you!

Minjenah said...

You could send his friends too.