Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dirty Martini

I do not drink but I like making drinks. This is one of yohboh's favorites.

004

1 ounce of gin
2 splashes olive brine
3 olives on a toothpick

Take the gin and olive brine and put in a shaker full of ice. Cover the shaker with a towel. Shake that shaker for three minutes. By shake, I mean it is loud enough that you cannot hold a conversation around the shaker. By the end of the three minutes, the whole shaker will be frosty, which is why you use the towel. Pour the martini in a chilled martini glass. I find that if I rattle the shaker as the gin come out I get a nice layer of ice chips floating to the top.

Garnish with the olives.

1 comment:

KP said...

One of my favorites...except with vodka instead of gin. Yum!

By the way, I love your new header:)