Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookbooks I like

So I use the library a LOT. One of the things I have really enjoyed is borrowing cookbooks. I get to flip through, try a recipe and return the book. There have been a few cookbooks I liked so much that I actually bought them after I returned them from the library.



The Gift of Southern Cooking was a book that I just liked reading. It was interesting to hear how an old school cook and a chef had a meeting of minds.



Eating Korean was reliving my childhood. It is also interesting to see how as immigrants we adapted to our surroundings.


Pat Conroy writes wonderfully overwrought Southern prose. I enjoy his books as a lovely beach read. This cookbook was much more like an autobiography. Also, interesting fact, Pat Conroy lived in Dunwoody, Georgia.

No comments: