Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Truffled Pasta with Shrimp

I really like the Barefoot Contessa. Her recipes always work and I always garner complements on them. This recipe I actually made for the first time and I changed it up, I added shrimp. It was moan inducingly good.

009

Truffled Pasta with Shrimp
(adapted from the Barefoot Contessa's Taliarelle with Truffle Butter)
makes four servings

One pound of thick pasta noodles (I used parpadelle)

6 ounces White Truffle Butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound of shrimp

1/2 cup parsley minced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Freshly ground black pepper
Salt

Make your pasta according to the instructions. So you should be boiling water.

Meanwhile, melt the truffle butter (This was a Dickens to find- I actually had to go to a couple of stores to find it. I eventually found it at Fresh Market) and add the heavy cream.

When the pasta is ready, add the shrimp to the butter cream mixture. Also take a coffee cup and dunk it in the pasta water to collect a cup's worth of the starchy water before you drain the pasta.

Add the drained pasta to the butter truffle shrimp sauce and toss to coat. If it looks a bit dry then add some of the pasta water.

Sprinkle with the parmesan and parsley.

Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: