Friday, January 21, 2011

Buckeyes

I LOVE Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. But I read Michael Pollan's Food Rules: An Eater's Manual
and he says that you can eat junk food only if you make it.

Well:

009

Buckeyes

Ingredients

1 18 ounce jar of peanut butter ( I used crunchy because that is all I keep in the house)
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar

4 cups chocolate chips

Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. It will be a little dry, so that is okay. Roll into 1 inch balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.

Stick the cookie sheet in the freezer for about half an hour.

Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. I actully use a cast iron pot with boiling water and a metal bowl, works fine-ghetto double boiler. It should be smooth and shiny.

Take the frozen peanut butter balls and dip them in the chocolate. Have a little peanut butter showing because that is what a buckeye looks like. Actually, I had no idea what a buckeye looks like so I just googled it and yeah it kinds looks like the picture above. I used two forks to get the peanut butter balls out.

Put them back on the parchment covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until you are ready to eat.

Made about 50.

3 comments:

KP said...

These are one of my favorites! Mmmmm:)

KG said...

you're making the pregnant woman drool....

Minjenah said...

Thanks Kye!

KG, if you lived nearby I would send yohboh over with half of them.