Thursday, February 17, 2011

Maple and Fruit Oatmeal

McDonald's sent me a coupon to try out the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal. Here the picture I took before I tried it. This costs $1.99 in the Metro Atlanta area.

003

Overall, if you want oatmeal from a fast food place, it is good. It is really sweet for me, though. And I liked the apples and dried cranberries and raisins, but I wish there had been some toasted nuts like pecans to add a different crunch. The texture of the oatmeal was a bit too mushy for me as well.

But I also get an 18 ounce canister of oatmeal for 55 cents which makes about 10 portions of oatmeal at home and I can add whatever fruit I like and LOTS of pecans at home. Which is what I usually do.

But if I was out and about and really was hit with an oatmeal craving, McDonald's Fruit and Maple Oatmeal is what I would buy.

Honestly, I have never been out and about and thought, "Damn, some oatmeal would be good right now."

I have had that thought about McDonald's deep fried potato products.

No comments: