Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lentils

I was on vacation a few weeks ago. We shared a rental house with another family. As I like to cook, I made dinner most nights. I do not mind, because I like cooking.

Anyway, one of the people there was very interested in my lentils that I eat for breakfast. In fact, she had some for breakfast and really liked them. This recipe is for her.

Minjenah's Lentils

2 strips of thick cut bacon cut into cubes

1 medium onion chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 rib of celery chopped

1 pound of lentils

Salt
Pepper
Water

Take the bacon and let the fat render out and the bacon crisp up.
002

Add the veggies and season liberally with salt and pepper.
006

When the veggies are cooked down a bit, about ten minutes later.
007

Add the lentils and add enough water to cover the lentils by about an inch.

Cover and put the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Makes a nice side dish.

No comments: