Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Green Tomato Pizza

007

So we have green tomatoes from the garden, which we usually fry. But I possess a cookbook that suggested a green tomato pizza. So I made one. I actually never read the recipe, I just read the title and figured I would make one. That's the kind of ballsy cook I am.
Yep, ballsy.


Green Tomato Pizza

1 whole wheat pizza crust
Roasted garlic oil
1 large green tomato, thinly sliced
Salt
Pepper
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat your oven to the highest it will go. For my oven, that is 550. Roll out your pizza crust until it is wafer thin. Brush on a thin layer of garlic oil. Add the tomato on one layer. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Add the cheeses and sprinkle liberally with MORE salt and pepper. Bake for about ten minutes or until the cheese is all bubbly.

No comments: