Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taco Tuesday

Taco Tuesday - I like the alliteration of it. So we had a Taco Tuesday. I did not ever make a taco until I went to college. I always used the preseasoned powder packet that you add to ground beef. But I did not have one so I made it up. I just took the flavors I think would be good and winged it.

002

Minjenah's Taco Season Mix

1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 tablespoon chicken base
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 cup water
Cilantro stems from 1 bunch, chopped

Brown the onions and garlic. Add the ground beef and let it brown well. Add the seasonings but NOT the water and let it cook until fragrant, about five minutes. Add the water and let the beef mixture get a little soupy. Add the cilantro stems off the heat and cover.

No comments: