Thursday, August 25, 2011

Barefoot Contessa Thoughts

I have a love/hate thing with the Barefoot Contessa.

I have really enjoyed a lot of her recipes. Her smoked salmon deviled eggs are AMAZING! But when I watch her show, I notice she uses a LOT of dishes and pans.

And she does not like cilantro. Who does not like cilantro? I question her palate if she does not like cilantro.

I always imagine she has two maids, Lupe and Inez who call her the heavyset lady who uses too many dishes. And they curse her for making them scrub the mixing bowls, All Clad and sheet pans.

2 comments:

KP said...

I used to love her, have all of her cookbooks...but then found out she wouldn't grant a dying boy his "Make a Wish Foundation" wish of cooking with her. She said she was too busy. The boy opted to wait for her instead of asking for something else and a year later (I think,) she said no to him again! That was the end of my love affair with Ina:/

chefhelen said...

That was one of the funniest blog postings that you have ever done!

I'm still laughing!