Friday, September 2, 2011

What to do with garden tomatoes part nine

This is my second favorite pasta.

Picture 042

Minjenah's second favorite pasta

1 T olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
10 softball sized tomatoes, chopped and salted liberally
8 ounces of hot cooked pasta, I used angel hair
30 leaves of fresh basil, sliced in ribbons
1 T butter
3 T pecorino cheese
salt
pepper

Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet until it smells yummy. Add 3/4 of the chopped tomatoes and let it cook down. I normally do this while I am boiling the water for the pasta. When the tomatoes are the consistency of maple syrup, add the pasta and toss to coat. Add the basil, butter, cheese and remaining tomatoes. Season liberally with salt and pepper.

The kidlet really likes this.

2 comments:

chefhelen said...

Another beautiful dinner! I love the liberal use of garlic and basil too.

Minjenah said...

Thanks