Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Organization will set you free

004

One of the reasons I do the 100 dollar grocery challenge is it makes me clean out my pantry and freezer. One of my goals this year is to be a bit more organized in those departments.

We also upgraded freezers so I would like to be able to use the freezer more effiiciently. Above is the primitive chart I am currently using to help me try to keep my freezer organized. The bottom row is for baking needs that do not necessarily need to be frozen. I like to keep them there because baking supplies tend to draw little beasties. But if I come upon something that needs to be frozen quickly, then I can pull these items and use that shelf to freeze those things. Examples are batches of broth or if there is a really good sale on meat.

So what kind of organization do you to for your food?

No comments: