Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Gravy Icing

So Chut had a birthday and I made him a cake.

008

The frosting was amazing. It is called gravy icing. I really like the note card that has the recipe on it. And the handwriting is old school. It was created during the Depression. It's like if the filling of an Oatmeal Creme Pie and whipped cream had a baby.

And the Chocolate Buttermilk Cake was very good. I think I like Very Good Chocolate better so I will have to make both at the same time to do a comparison and contrast.

3 comments:

chefhelen said...

Interesting. I have seen this same recipe twice this week and both times the reviews were just glowing. I think Pioneer Woman made it on one of her shows recently also. I'm going to try this next time I make a cake that calls for frosting. Thanks!

Minjenah said...

It is really good. The thing I liked best that it was just the right amount of sweet and airy. Sometimes regular frosting is just too hard on the teeth.

This frosting was on the cover of Saveur this month too.

chefhelen said...

you are, as always, ahead of the curve! Good for you!