Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Angle of the garden

013

The tomatoes are in the front of the garden this year. Because we are trying crop rotation. Honestly, I have noticed we don't get a successful yield if we put tomatoes in the same place year after year. So the tomatoes are closer to the street.

There us also zucchini, summer and winter squash, snow peas, sugar snaps, beets, parsnips, Swiss Chard and other things that I am too tired to list.

Someone asked me if I was worried about tomato thieves.

And I counter with this story.

Every year, my neighbors ask for tomatoes and veggies. I tell them that they are more than welcome to pick them. As in, go in the garden, get your shoes dirty and pick them yourself.

I have had no takers.

None.

So if someone wants to steal a tomato, they are showing more initiative that my lazy neighbors.

No comments: