Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Grocery Challenge

For the month of May, I am doing a grocery challenge. It makes me look through the pantry and freezer and use items up, which is a good thing.

Sometimes, I think, "There is nothing in the house to eat." When really, there is a lot of stuff to eat, I just don't feel like eating it.

So I am going to buy 150 dollars worth of groceries this month, including tax. I should add that I have a very full refrigerator, an extremely well stocked pantry and a full freezer. There is a vegetable garden as well that is beginning to produce the summer goodies.

Here are my rules:
1) Meals out do not count.
2) That being said on average we eat one meal out a week, which we normally eat with a coupon.
3) I eat most of my meals at home, as does my child. Yohboh brings lunch with him most of the time.

Also, I should note that we tend to feed people who visit once a week or so.

No comments: