Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sloppy Joes

The first time I ever ate a sloppy joe was in elementary school at lunch.  I did not like it back then.

Yohboh requested these so I made them:

001

They were better than I remembered.

Sloppy Joes
2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, minced
1 bell pepper, minced
1 T garlic
1 cup of ketchup
2T Worcestershire sauce
2T chili powder
2 T Yellow Mustard
1 T brown sugar

Brown the ground beef very well and drain the grease.  Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic.  Saute until it is tender.  Add the rest of the ingredients and about 1/2 cup of water and let simmer until it is a loose mixture.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with buttered buns and top with shredded cheddar and cole slaw and potato salad.

The grown ups added hot sauce.

Fed all of us with enough for lunch later.

How did I get this recipe?  I read about six on the internet and then looked in my house to see what I had.

No comments: