Thursday, June 6, 2013

Broccoli Salad


Does anyone besides me forget recipes?  Like you think, I made this, like it and would like to make it again only to forget its existence?

I forgot about this broccoli salad until I watched Trisha Yearwood's cooking show. And she made this salad.

I made it years ago from a recipe I got from Amanda Hesser's book.  So I made it again and it was good and I hope I do not forget its existence.

011


Broccoli Salad

INGREDIENTS

4 cups broccoli florets, blanched
8 strips of bacon, fried until crispy and crumbled
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, hulled, toasted and salted
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 T rice wine vinegar
2 T Sugar



METHOD:
In a large bowl combine the first six ingredients.

Mix the mayo, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl.  It should be the consistency of heavy cream.  Taste it.  I liked mine a bit more tart so I added a bit more vinegar.  

Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture.  Toss gently to coat.

No comments: