Friday, June 28, 2013

Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

Lately, I have been watching Trisha Yearwood's cooking show.   I like her unpretentious ways.  She is not suggesting I get two dishwashers or truffle butter (not to hate on anyone that has two dishwashers--I am jealous, and I will admit to owning truffle butter).

And I saw her make this strawberry cake but I did not like the frosting.  So I made up a frosting.

003


Minjenah's Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces of butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, well mashed
1/4 cup strawberry preserves
1 16 ounce box of powdered sugar

Combine the two strawberry things in a coffee cup.

Whip the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy and doubled in volume.  Add the strawberries stuff and whip well.  Now it will look like fluffy pink stuff.

Slowly add the powdered sugar.  I think you should really sift the powdered sugar but I did not.  I like the crunchy little pockets of sugar lumps.  I admit to my weirdness.

Use it to frost Trisha Yearwood's Strawberry cake.

And that pool of stuff was leftover mashed strawberries.

And Yohboh made the fork marks before I took the picture.

3 comments:

Karen Gonzalez said...

I think I will try this for Maggie's birthday party next week. She said she wanted pink strawberry cupcakes. :) They look delicious.

Minjenah said...

You should! They are really good and tastes like strawberries. I cannot believe Maggie is almost three!

Karen Gonzalez said...

They were delicious! Thanks