Friday, February 28, 2014

Kidlet's Best Breakfast

I made this over the weekend.  Kidlet loved it and said it was the best breakfast of her life.

004
I liked it too.

Kidlet's Best Breakfast

This makes four servings

4 strips of bacon, cut into one inch chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
2 large leftover baked potatoes, chopped into cubes
8 ounces of leftover rib eye steak, chopped in the same sized cubes as the potatoes
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 fried eggs with runny yolks

Sour Cream
Hot Sauce
Ketchup

Get your biggest skillet.  Turn it on medium.

Fry the bacon until there are puddles of grease.
I chopped the onion while the bacon was cooking.

Add the onion and let it turn brown.  It can take 15-20 minutes for this to happen but this step is important. My kids like brown sweet onions and not angry crunchy ones.

I chopped the potatoes and steak while waiting for the onions to brown.

Add the potatoes.  Let them get a nice bit of brown on them.
Add the steak and toss quickly.
You do not want to cook the steak some more, you just want it warm.
Salt and pepper the pan.
Divide this potato stuff between four bowls.
Add a bit of cheddar cheese on each bowl.  I will leave it to your discretion on what your idea of a bit.  I will add that I like sharp cheddar cheese because it is strongly flavored so I do not use as much.

Put the egg on top.

Serve with sour cream, hot sauce and ketchup.

No comments: