Sunday, February 9, 2014

Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing Improved

This is not a pretty cupcake.  I know this.  But you know what it is?

003

The best tasting strawberry cupcake I have ever made.  Now, I know what you are thinking- how many strawberry cupcakes have you made, minjenah?  Truthfully, this is my first batch.  But what makes it taste so good?  The icing.

So this is what I did:

Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing Improved

8 ounces of frozen strawberries in syrup, defrosted and pulverized in a blender
1 stick of butter
8 ounces of cream cheese
1.5 boxes of powdered sugar

Whip the butter and cream cheese together.  It should be double the volume.  Now add the pulverized (I LOVE this word) strawberries and whip. You make some fluffy pink goo.  It needs to be uniform in color and now taste it.  This concoction would be really yummy on a bagel.  But now we add the  powdered sugar.  I did a little bit, mixed it up and then added a bit more.  It looks like pepto bismol but it tastes really good.

This is not a stiff frosting.  So you cannot really pile on the frosting but I am okay with that because it is so intensely strawberry flavored.  And I really like the balance between the cupcake and the frosting.

No comments: