Monday, March 3, 2014

Fish Pie

I like to relax watching cooking shows.  Do you?  I find it utterly soporific to watch Nigella Lawson make food.  So I was drowsily watching some British person making something called a fish pie.
002
This morning, I realized we had quite a bit of leftover fish and shrimp from last night's dinner so I made fish pie.  Now to sell it to the kids I called it mashed potato pie.  And they ate it.  Yohboh was a little cautious about it but he ended up liking it as well.

I improvised with what I had, which is what a casserole is, improvised dinner.


Fish Pie
Layer in this order

3 cups leftover fish

1 pound frozen peas and carrots

white sauce about two cups with celery and nutmeg

5 hard boiled eggs sliced in an egg slicer

5 potatoes worth of mashed potatoes

Bake at 350 for about an hour.




2 comments:

Karen Gonzalez said...

Our PBS had a similar recipe on their cooking program. Both look yummy to me. Salmon, halibut, leeks, yogurt...lots of yummy things!

Here's the video
http://video.kcts9.org/video/2365022796/

Minjenah said...

Looks great KG!