Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fall Means Chicken Pot Pie



Picture 012


I had some chicken tenderloins that needed to be used.  I poached them in some no salt chicken broth with a tablespoon of chicken base.  I fished the chicken out and cut it up into bite sized pieces.

Then I sauteed some onion and celery and garlic until they were getting close to soft.  I put three tablespoons of flour in and cooked it until the flour was no longer white.  Then I used the poaching liquid to make a thick sauce.  I made it a little thicker than I wanted because I put in a pound of frozen peas and carrots which loosened it up some.

Then I made mashed potatoes with six potatoes.

I layered the stew with the mashed potatoes on top.  I made little fork marks in the potatoes so there would be more crispy bits.

I baked at 350 for about an hour.

Everyone liked it.

No comments: